The Rosetta Stone team is quickly evolving away from our traditional format and content (CD and language learning) to more modern forms of distribution (adaptive content delivery to iOS, Android and HTML5) and new content and commercial verticals. We are an evolving leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking a Principal UI Designer to join our User Interface team.
Rosetta Stone is looking for a Principal UI Designer to join our Austin, TX office. We're looking for a designer to lead interaction design, information architecture, design strategy, and product research on our language learning products for web and mobile platforms.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
At Rosetta Stone, we believe learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.
As a Principal UI Designer, you will:
• Create world-class designs using User-Centered Design methodologies that drive the success of our company and our customers.
• Build innovative solutions to interesting problems leveraging the newest advances in Web technologies.
• Work on interfaces that range from enterprise system administration to handheld and mobile applications.
• Be an integral part of the company that has redefined our software.
Drive development of clean, efficient, useful interface designs from conceptualization to through implementation.
• Translate user requirements and complex business problems into highly usable Web applications in partnership with Product Management.
• Construct storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction designs to internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with usability specialists to conduct customer studies of prototypes and existing interfaces, in order to create usable tools and programs.
• Collaborate with branding and graphics specialists to support the visual style of our products.
• Assist product management in authoring functional interaction requirements specifications.
• Conceive, document, and evangelize user interface guidelines and standards.
• Ensure a consistent look and feel across the application; raise all application interfaces to a consistently high standard of user-centered design.
• 10-12 years of professional design experience, including at least 5-6 years of interaction design experience for large-scale websites or enterprise applications. Strong portfolio of UI / Visual Design. Deep understanding of composition, grid, typography, and high fidelity graphic creation.
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Interaction Design or related field.
• Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to create prototypes and mock-ups.
• Demonstrable web UI design skills with ability to show relevant work.
• Expert knowledge of visual design tools including Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Expert in user-centered design methods and best practices.
• Focused on providing best-of-breed UI designs without losing sight of the real-world user's need for "fast and simple".
• Independent self-starter with strong project management skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team with product managers, graphics
designers, usability specialists, and others.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rosetta Stone - 19 months ago
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.