440 East Middlefield Road
Mountain View, CA 94043
Principal UX Designer
eHealth employees are a creative, collaborative and diverse group of talented individuals, and we want you to
join our team. Our goal is to make health insurance easier and more accessible for individuals, families and
small businesses, but we can't get there without your incredible UX talents.
We are looking for someone who will be a key member of the product team, focusing on the user experience
strategy and execution for our e-commerce website and related applications. You will participate in all phases
of the product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, UI design, and user research
and testing. You should have the ability to work on both tactical and strategic projects.
Here's more about the position and specific responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing:
and related products
- Leads the design, look and feel, and user experience of major areas of eHealth’s website, applications
- Collaborates with product managers, designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to produce best-in-
for the site
- Ensures consistency across products by defining reusable design patterns, standards and guidelines
always back up decisions with research data, design principles or other objective information.
- Exhibits ability to both design new products from scratch and improve existing products
- Able to present designs and process to diverse set of stakeholders, including C-level executives. Can
expectations and incorporate them into a comprehensive solution
- Establishes a deep understanding of eHealth’s target audiences, user behavior, needs and
qualitative and quantitative research methods, graphic and interaction design, prototyping and testing
- Has deep knowledge of all disciplines within user experience: product definition and ideation,
- Contributes to business and marketing strategy from a user/target audience perspective
- Runs design workshops and training sessions with internal employees and other stakeholders
- Actively participates in establishing a strong design culture at eHealth and with the broader UX
What you’ll need:
- Mentors more junior team members and actively recruits new talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study. Master Degree
- 10-12 years work experience designing user interfaces for a web-based application service
- Highly motivated multi-tasker, able to work well across several departments and under tight deadlines;
- Strong understanding of user experience design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to
440 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, CA 94043 | www.ehealth.com | T 650.584.2700 | F 650.961.2110 Page-2
- Excellent Adobe CS skills with the ability to create original designs.
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Strong portfolio (please provide URLs)
What you’ll ideally have:
online customer management systems
- Background in e-commerce design or development, including comparison shopping, shopping cart, and
Once you’re hired, you'll choose to work primarily from our Mountain View,CA or San Francisco, CA office.
- Experience with search engine optimization best practices
- Familiarity with accessibility guidelines and 508 compliance
- Experience with project requirements definition, analysis, and documentation
We take pride in fostering a culture and environment that celebrates keeping people healthy and embraces a
diverse and fun workplace. From our long list of events, holidays and office-specific occasions, to our active
participation in charitable events, eHealth is much more than just a place to work.
Apply today because we can't wait to meet you!
eHealth - 5 months ago