Company Summary :
Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
Blended learning is the cutting-edge combination of face-to-face and online learning that provides students with a “greater than the sum of its parts” educational experience. Seven (7) blended learning charter high schools are currently in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan – in Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, East Lansing, Royal Oak and Grand Rapids, respectively. These schools will together provide more than 600 students in grades 9-12 with a personalized path to college- and career-readiness.
Position Summary :
Working from our Nexus Academy of Columbus the Principal will focus on the execution of Connections’ blended learning model working closely with the Connections leadership team to ensure that students graduate prepared for success in college, career and their communities. The Principal will be responsible for delivering the mission and vision of the school, management, the implementation of the curriculum and instructional model and administration of staff, instructional management, school culture, student performance, accountability and compliance, as well as stakeholder and board relations in collaboration with Connections. The Principal will report to each school’s Board of Trustees, with day-to-day supervision provided by Connections. Nexus Academy is open Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
I. MANAGEMENT & SUSTAINABILTY
· Partner in the achievement of organizational goals while articulating the school’s mission, vision and goals to all stakeholders;
· Oversee all programs, services, activities and staff to ensure that program objectives are met;
· Collaborate with Connections on the selection and hiring all school staff, including teachers and school-based support staff, under the direction of the Board and in line with relevant regulations;
· Supervise and evaluate all school programs in a manner that ensures efficiency, effectiveness and compliance;
· Continually monitor progress across all measures of school and staff performance;
· Ensure the school is in compliance with all federal and local laws, regulations and reporting requirements;
· Report to and collaborate with the Board of Trustees and Connections, respectively; assist in developing policy recommendations and in setting priorities through work with the Board;
· Serve as primary point of contact for charter authorizer;
· Support student marketing, recruitment and enrollment to ensure full enrollment;
· Support the development of the annual school budget in collaboration with Connections ensuring that all financial transactions are completed in accordance with State policies and procedures;
· Supervise all operations involving the management of the school, including school funds, purchases, inventories, office operations and facilities; and
· Collaborate with colleagues to continuously improve personal practice, classroom instruction, assessment, and student achievement to achieve the overall goals and mission of the school.
II. SCHOOL CULTURE
· Create and sustain a safe and enriching school environment;
· Create, guide, coach and mentor an effective team responsible for attaining school goals and committed to achieving academic excellence;
· Establish school routines and procedures in accordance with regulations and the school’s charter;
· Cultivate effective and respectful communication with students and their families remaining sensitive to different families’ cultures, values and needs;
· Oversee the implementation of personnel policies and actions;
· Integrate a love for technology into the school and students;
· Create a school culture that is focused on fairness, respect and high expectations for achievement and that is aligned with the school’s mission and Charter;
· Encourage collaboration with Connections; and
· Educate students and their families about how to best utilize the blended learning model and other college and career prep supports offered by the school.
III. INSTRUCTIONAL MANAGEMENT
· Manage and evaluate instructional team and practices;
· Provide instructional leadership to advance proven teaching and learning practices;
· Observe classes;
· Lead data-driven discussions about student performance;
· Supervise and mentor teachers in collaboration with instructional leadership; and
· Design professional development plans and programming for individual teachers to address deficits, build on strengths, and become more effective, more successful team members.
IV. TALENT DEVELOPMENT
· Support the recruitment and retention of school faculty and staff working with Connections to develop and implement a Strategic Talent Acquisition Plan and overseeing all personnel issues including compensation, disciplinary actions and the hiring and firing of all faculty and staff;
· Generate professional development plans for teachers and support staff in conjunction with Connections for pre-opening, summer and ongoing training that encourages a culture of high achievement and accountability;
· Implement transparent evaluation system for teachers and staff in collaboration with Connections that enables effective feedback and high impact instructional and operational coaching;
· Build high performing teams that yield results,
· Attend training, seminars and workshops as designated by the Network, and
· Collaborate with other Connections employees in talent and leadership development.
V. DATA and ANALYSIS
· Use data in decision making;
· Serve as instructional leader and coach in the use of data to improve teaching and learning;
· Oversee the collection, analysis, utilization and reporting of all school data; and
· Lead the school team in reaching its goals for student achievement.
VI. BLENDED LEARNING & TECHNOLOGY-INFUSED CLASSROOMS
· Ensure the effective use of on-line learning technologies in the classroom;
· Coach teachers and staff on the use of the blended learning model to drive student achievement; and
· Drive innovation and exploration in developing effective practices around the use of technology in the classroom.
· Ohio administrative certificate preferred.
· At least five (5) full years in a leadership role.
· School leadership experience in grades 6-12 preferred.
· A demonstrated track record of promoting dramatic measurable gains in student achievement in both a teaching and administrative capacity.
· Professional experience in a fast-paced, evolving “start up” setting.
· Commitment to the highest ethical conduct and professional integrity.
· Entrepreneurial spirit.
· Enthusiasm for technology.
· Desire to build and sustain a school in a high need, urban environment.
· Urgently and relentlessly pursues high academic student achievement.
· Ability to align faculty, staff, parents, students and the community around the achievement of Connections Learning’s mission, vision and goals.
· Love of learning and commitment to continued professional development.
· Reflective, self-aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others.
· Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative to address challenges.
· Facility with technology, data analysis and data-driven planning, decision-making and instruction.
· Extreme flexibility to accommodate multiple priorities and a strong work ethic to accommodate a high level of responsibility.
- 15 months ago - save job