Security Clearance Status:
Security Clearance Type:
US Citizenship Required:
BAE Systems is looking for candidates to perform Senior level System Engineering activities such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, originating design concepts, developing algorithms, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation for complex avionics control systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilot systems). An individual at this level should be able to communicate clearly and accurately with customers, suppliers and team members. Candidate should have excellent project leadership skills; strong communication and presentation skills are essential. Travel is required.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
1. Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
a. Develop, allocate and manage complex avionics systems level requirements.
b. Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures.
d. Prepare and/or review documentation for avionic system designs and architectures in accordance with systems development processes and procedures.
e. Perform aircraft system/product integration.
f. Verify and validate complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. May support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as Reliability & Maintainability analysis, Failure Analysis and System Safety Engineering tasks
3. Able to support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
4. May assist with causal analysis and resolution activities.
5. Support business leaders in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and define associated program requirements.
6. Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
7. Able to be a group/task leader. Responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and interface coordination with other groups.
8. Prepare and deliver customer and technical presentations.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers. Required Skills:
• Experience in avionics or electronic control related development (8+years) including familiarity with avionic systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilots), interfaces and data buses. • Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements and design, system-level integration, validation, and verification • Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation. • Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software. • Demonstrated experience leading program teams. • Experience interfacing with customers and suppliers. • Familiar with ARP4754, DO-178B/C, DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements Preferred Skills:
• 12+ years experience with Flight Controls, Actuators and/or Autopilot systems. • Experience with development of requirements and operational system concepts. • Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software • Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management and Problem Reporting tools (i.e. Synergy). • Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities • Familiar with data bus protocols (Arinc 624, RS422 AFDX or CDN). • Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and
employ a skilled...