For 25 years, Extron Electronics, headquartered in Anaheim, California, has been a leading developer and manufacturer of professional A/V system products. Extron products are used to integrate video and audio into presentation systems for today's high tech boardrooms, presentation/training centers, university lecture halls, and other applications. Our corporate philosophy is founded on three concepts: Service, Support, and Solutions - S3. By following this standard, Extron has become one of the leading providers of products and training to the professional A/V industry.
PRINCIPLE DESIGN ENGINEER, VIDEO CODECS
Responsibilities include designing, modifying and improving video compression, decompression algorithms to run in embedded video streaming products. The designer is responsible for architecting, implementing and testing video codecs for ARM, DSP or FPGA platforms. The designer is also expected to perform picture quality analysis testing to determine optimal codec settings as well as benchmark our codecs against competitors.
Qualified Candidates will have:
As an industry leader, Extron Electronics is committed to maintaining the outstanding level of quality services our customers expect. We strive to continually provide Service, Support, and Solutions - S3 to our customers. Our customers are our most important asset, and our employees are essential in maintaining that asset.
- BSEE + 8 yrs/MSEE + 5 yrs experience (transcripts required)
- Experience with Code Composer Studio IDE
- Experience with C674x DSP, ARM Cortex-A8 processors?* Experience with Linux, Android, DSP/BIOS operating systems
- Experience with H.264 BP/MP/HP, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MJPEG
- Excellent communication skills, (written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
We are currently seeking quality individuals who desire to achieve a professional and rewarding career opportunity. Extron offers top industry salaries, and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, a 401k program with employer match, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Extron Electronics - 21 months ago