Greatbatch Medical, headquartered in Clarence, NY is seeking an experienced Principal Process Engineer.
The primary purpose of this job is to makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a far-reaching impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the organization.
1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements .
2. Directs new product development programs.
3. Provides direction and administrative organization for the design and engineering services departments and sets priorities for utilization of resources on new programs.
4. Manages a global customer base and is responsible for interface/travel for customer interaction and communication. Works closely with customers and program management to establish, maintain and improve relationships.
5. Provides technical marketing strategy and direction to the company.
6. Develops new business and market opportunities.
7. Develops and manages new product development NRE and product engineering cost centers.
8. Develops and implements new processes and design methodology for improved performance and/or cost reduction. Works closely with other departments to ensure proper implementation of new processes and designs into production.
9. Directly responsible for the Design Control elements of ISO 9000 as it relates to new product development.
10. Reviews, initiates, and approves engineering designs, reports, change orders, material and process specifications.
11. Investigates the use of alternate parts, materials or vendors to achieve improved performance and/or cost reduction. Maintains key technical interface with vendor base.
12. Performs other functions as required.
13. Lead the MLCC technology advancement driving process invention
14. Interface with MLCC industry experts to solve process hurdles
15. Effective external vendor communication skills to facilitate process scale up and transfer to a production facility
16. This individual will become the process expert and will need to possess leadership qualities and the ability to gain group alignment, making decisions to drive resolution.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree. Doctorate preferred.
10-12 years experience.
Technically renowned. Well versed in Multi layered Co-fired Ceramics (MLCC) processing knowledge.
Proven leadership, communications and project management.
Excellent interpersonal and collaborative team-building skills.