Position is responsible for unloading, cleaning, and loading transfer molds using breaking tooling and various hand tools. Also responsible for set-up and operation of print band slitter as well as painting and wiping bands for readability.
1. Interprets order specifications, set-ups and/or special instructions and band specification sheets.
2. Responsible for the proper care and general maintenance of all molds, tools, gauges and fixtures used. Responsible for routine equipment/fixture inspection. Reports repair/replacement needs to supervision.
3. Operates automatic mold breaker to open and close transfer molds. Performs loading/unloading transfer mold process which includes; using correct blades for molds, removing molded band shots, cleaning molds, cleaning excess material from blades, screws and mold, loosening molded shots on blades, trimming excess flash and placing in water bath to cool.
4. Operates and adjusts automatic Mold Sprayer. Adjusts and makes up mold release for sprayer. Cleans molds using brushes and air hoses.
5. Per specifications, sets-up, operates and checks thread tension on winding machine to wind proper web for molding. Set-up includes ensuring automatic spray fixture is properly aligned for compete coverage of blades and spray tank contains solution. Ensures detent is engaged properly and appropriate cord is being used per guidelines.
6. Set-up and install tooling on slitting machine to slit bands per specifications. Set-up and adjust slitting head using micrometers, verniers, shims, spacers and optical viewer. Adjusts slitting machine per specifications and guidelines.
7. Performs slitting operation making critical minute adjustments as required to produce quality bands within specification.
8. Set-up paint conveyor line. Set-up includes the assembly of paint guns, paint preparation and routine cleaning and maintenance. Operations include washing bands before painting, correct placement of bands on conveyor line and performing quality inspections to ensure proper paint coverage. Runs hot stamp machines and places bands in racks for drying. Segregates bands into storage bins by pattern and style.
9. Uses, and properly disposes of, various cleaning solvents. Must keep accurate and detailed chemical usage records.
10. Records and reports all finished production and other department required reporting.
11. As a member of a production support team; trains, assists, and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting department goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
12. Participates in ELS training and Kaizen events as appropriate for department.
13. Participates in 5S within department/group and assists other areas as required.
14. Based on business need, assists/ supports in other job functions within process or other company processes within scope and ability.
15. Must be safety conscious and follow established PPE.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to interpret specifications, guidelines and instructions.
4. Must have good communication skills and work as a member of a team.
5. Must successfully complete and pass the Hazardous Material Information systems (HMIS) training.
6. Must be able to learn and use various measuring devices
7. Must be able to continuously stand, reach, pull and push.
8. Must have good vision.
9. Must be able to tolerate contact with various solvents and related fumes.
10. Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs. and slide molds on conveyor line weighing up to 120 lbs.
11. Must be safety conscious and alert to safety hazards.
Physical Work Location:
170 Monarch Ln., Miamisburg, OH
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....