As a Print Buyer, you are responsible for negotiating and placing the client’s media presence. You are also expected to be a market specialist and maintain a professional relationship with the representatives; negotiating rates and ratings. To be most successful at HAVAS MEDIA, you must be detail oriented, organized, able to handle pressure and be a team player.
- You need to be proactive and go the extra step in getting the most for your client’s dollars.
- You need to be able to interact well with other people at HAVAS MEDIA., other agency departments and with the reps.
- Act as a mentor to the Assistant buyers. This makes your job easier and benefits the agency in the long run.
- Serve as market expert.
- Cultivate relationships with print representatives.
- Responsible (in part) for training and development of Assistants (shared with supervisors).
- Must be fair and honest in your negotiations.
- A buyer’s reputation in the industry is extremely important.
- You need to understand as many facets of media research as possible. This is an on-going learning process.
- You need to have the ability to develop different strategies to handle varying market conditions and client demands.
- You need to focus on fitting the brand essence into the client’s media buying, with the intent to benefit the client and the agency.
- Develop understanding of client’s marketing objectives.
- You need to think out of the box. Look for new ways of approaching buying challenges.
- You need to be proactive about ways to maximize the client’s media impact within their budget (added value, sponsorship, special opportunities)
- Assist in development of promotions.
- Seek out new opportunities to showcase client’s message.
Required to have previous Print Buying experience
- Recognize, respect and address differing opinions. Actively solicit ideas from others.
- Keep Buying Supervisor adequately informed of your progress.
- Maintain a sense of humor. Remain enthusiastic in the face of setbacks. Display a passion and energy for the challenges you face.
Havas Media - 2 years ago
Havas Worldwide, formerly known as Euro RSCG Worldwide, is the largest unit of the Havas global advertising group. Havas Worldwide is an...