Leo Burnett Detroit
Position Title: Print Producer
Department: Print Production
Summary Description of position:
for all print production, art buying, and print purchasing operations
on assigned accounts. Communicates a positive message in the way the
client, account and creative needs are serviced.
B. Specific day-to-day responsibilities:
collaboratively with creative teams to provide technical expertise
during creative development and the creation of job specifications in
order to accomplish the best end result. Seek and solicit budget and
prototypes necessary for initial decision-making.
- Develop and recommend production solutions.
- Prepare and monitor timely production schedules with account and creative.
- Ensure proper paper is ordered on time to meet press dates.
- Communicate with Project Management and other agency partners to ensure files are setup per printer or final usage needs.
- Work with creative/design during pre-press process to ensure files and color proofs are correct.
- Co-ordinate pre-press with printer and Schawk to achieve a dynamic, productive and cost-effective workflow.
- Work with printer at press side to match printing to the approved proofs.
- Ensures that the client and agency’s quality expectations are met.
- Financial management of production budgets to include: estimates, purchase orders and approval of vendor invoices for payment.
and initiate proper paperwork as additional costs arise – seek timely
approvals on costs and monitor impact of any delays to current schedules
strong vendor relationships to assure projects will always be delivered
on time and within budget with the best quality possible.
- Constantly research marketplace to maintain knowledge of current and innovative pre-press and print publication technologies.
- Serve as a back-up to other print production managers as needed.
of newspaper/magazine media production in order to serve a back-up
role. (i.e. Familiar with publication sizing and material
specifications. Has the ability to act as a middleman/ambassador between
agency and publication production departments. Make B/W and color
recommendations in order to obtain quality reproduction while staying
within SWOP standards.)
C. Client Interaction:
- May occasionally client face – must have the ability to communicate intelligently and articulately.
of understanding for 1- 8 color work, digital prepress, digital
printing, offset printing; web and sheet fed and bindery techniques as
they apply to newspaper, collateral and premium printing.
- Curiosity and passion for printing and prepress technology
- Flexible personality who works well in a team environment
- Approachable and service oriented
- Above reproach in all business dealings
- Prioritizes effectively, takes ownership of projects
- Highly organized, attention to detail yet with the ability to look at the big picture
Other Skills Required:
- Education: Bachelors degree and 5-10 years print production or comparable work experience. Agency experience a plus.
savvy: proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Experience
with Impresse and Donovan a plus. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative
Suite a plus.
- Math skills: ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume.
- Excellent written and verbal communications