Provide a high level of analysis, troubleshooting, and documentation development. In the area of analysis and design; there must be an advanced level of knowledge for use of software that’s required to analyze, design and perform print programming functions.
Inform Direct Mail Account Managers and Scheduler of project status and verify schedules on an ongoing basis.
Evaluate jobs before beginning setup to determine resources needed to print job accurately and most efficiently.
Maintain quality control procedures including setting up job folder for every job and keep required documentation up-to-date in folder. Have a second party check job before submitting print job to print room.
Produce output for normal day-to-day print jobs as well as complex client print jobs. Must have the advanced knowledge of development/production resources to make changes as necessary to create client specific print output.
Arrange contingency plans in the event that problems arise in the setup of client print jobs. This may necessitate working overtime, arranging for other team members to cover, or training personnel to do some steps in the process.
Prepare paperwork required for print jobs, including box splits, box labels, print request, and special instructions.
Provide timely updates of project status, ensuring daily expectations have been met prior to end of work day and communicate to the appropriate individuals the status of the job(s). Proactively inform supervisor of situations that may impact due dates and work with the AM’s & Scheduler to develop alternatives.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of development resources using GMC PrintnetT.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for either conference calls or face to face customer contact.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time constraints which may include working with AM’s and other departments to eliminate output problems, bad data, and meet postal requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Provide a high level of analysis, troubleshooting and documentation.
- Ability to convert and manipulate customer data from a variety of formats.
- Associate’s degree in computer related field or 3+ years equivalent work experience using GMC PNT in the field.
- 2+ years relevant experience in direct mail or related industry preferred.
- Development and support skills in at least one of the following software platforms\languages:
- GMC PrintNetT (preferred), ExStream Dialogue, or similar content tools.
- Unix, C++, or shell scripting.
- Familiar with the following software and processes:
- Adobe Products, InDesign, Pitstop, Photoshop, and Ultra Edit.
- Ability to work with multiple data types, ODBC, Fixed length, CSV, XML, and transactional data sets
Taylor Corporation - 19 months ago