Print Service Center Associate: Under minimal supervision takes jobs from the print queue and sends to the appropriate output device per job instructions, installs and operates large-format printing and plotting, computer, electronic or other equipment used in the School of Architecture. Tests, maintains, and repairs same equipment. Understands databases to produce basic reports. Maintains inventory of supplies to ensure continued operation of equipment. Work performed may be repetitive. Desktop support: Responsible for general support of users of desktops, networks and IT resources (hardware and software). Handles general questions and refers more complicated issues to higher level IT staff for their review or resolution; Build and Deploy desktop and laptop computers; Install software
This is a part time position working approximately 20-30 hours per week
- Education: Associate's degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience: Two years of computer support or IT related customer service experience.
- Skills: Skill in reading and interpreting manufacturer's diagrams, technical manuals, etc; skill in basic computing including using database software and performing data entry. Good problem solving skills; ability to interact with campus community; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; working knowledge of desktop operating systems and common tools including email clients and web browsers. Basic Familiarity with current Windows and Macintosh operating systems; Basic Microsoft Office usage
- Physical Mobility: Ability to grasp, manipulate and assemble small objects; move, push, pull and lift equipment, carry necessary tools; ability to climb steps or ladders, stoop, reach and bend. Able to travel to various locations across campus to install equipment or software etc; able to lift and carry desktop computers and related peripherals; able to maneuver in tight spaces, to bend, reach, stoop, etc; must be able to move computer equipment.
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting; exposure to computer monitors for long periods of time.
- Mental: Ability to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure. Works well under pressure, pays close attention to detail, strong customer service orientation.
- Other: Weekend and evening hours may be required.
- Education: College degree
- Licenses: A+ Certified; HP Certified
- Experience: Advanced configuration of Windows and Macintosh computers; Windows XP through Windows 7; Mac OSX 10.5 though 10.8; Previous experience with large format plotting and scanning equipment; repair shop work with printers / computers; Previous experience in a print shop; Basic usage of Adobe Products
- Skills: Advanced technical knowledge of desktop operating skills and common technology such as networking, email, computer security and web applications; good customer service/communication skills.
Regular Part Time
Minimum Education Level
Associate's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
12.93 - 18 US Dollars Hourly
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...