Summary of Primary Purpose
Direct the Flexo operations by utilization of all equipment, facilities and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet or exceed performance objectives. Manage the manufacturing of Flexo printed products, slitting of cover end-board, inner and outer ply and manage inks, plate making and waste treatment.
Description of Major Responsibilities
• Champion and participate in all company Safety and Contiuous Improvement programs. Improve safety recordable rate through heightened awareness, safety audits and improvements in housekeeping
• Implement Continuous Improvement through relentless focus on corrective, preventive actions using process improvements, SPC, TPM’s and improved quality systems and building this philosophy throughout the organization.
• Improve end product quality both on a cost basis and by meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
• Achieve OE budget by managing the effective utilization of equipment and personnel, department budget through daily review of production numbers, weekly and monthly department reviews and daily cost control measures
• Staff & Train start up crews to develop an effective printing team, set clear goals and objectives, give tools to succeed and give responsibility and authority to make proper decisions.
• Support business goals of senior staff members by participating in cross-functional projects, meetings, and developmental goals.
• Direct Department Improvement activities by building cost reduction initiatives, capital project plan and improvement activities
• Assign and locate department assets within Print Department plant layout.
• Develop Production Plans in order to predict staffing efficiently.
Incumbent works in a manufacturing. Requires sitting (40%), moderate walking (40%) and standing (20%). Will spend significant time on production floor interacting with production management and hourly work force. Required safety equipment: hair/beard net, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Bachelors Degree in Printing, Manufacturing, Business or equivalent.
3 – 5 years of management experience within a manufacturing environment.
1-3 years of Continuous Improvement experience.
Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of high volume manufacturing
Knowledge of slitting and blanking processes a plus.