PrivateBancorp, Inc. through its subsidiaries, delivers customized business and personal financial services to middle-market companies, as well as business owners, executives, entrepreneurs and families in all of the markets and communities we serve. We provide a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) with employer match, insurance and EAP. Please visit our web site www.theprivatebank.com to learn more about The PrivateBank and Trust Company and PrivateBancorp, Inc. listed on NASDAQ PVTB. Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
This individual is responsible for underwriting and making recommendations on Private Banking loan applications. This position is also responsible for effectively interacting with High Net Worth Clients, Prospects, Private Bankers and Risk Management to provide information and assistance regarding the adjudication of applications. The incumbent will make credit recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures. Responsibility for maintaining updated credit requirements and monitoring for the team’s loan portfolio. This is a client facing position and PCM’s will have some direct accounts assigned to them.
- Reviews credit files and loan documentation for accuracy prior to commencing credit review to ensure that they conform to policies, guidelines and that they contain appropriate documentation.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers. Proven background in the review and analysis of complex financial statements and tax returns;
- Participate with customer/prospect visits with Private Banking Advisors &/or Private Bankers.
- Ensures complete loan assessment package with initial due diligence.
- Ensures adherence to lending policies and procedures.
- Collaboration with Team Lead/Private Bankers to identify potential credits risks and mitigates in credit transactions.
- Advises and recommends alternative means of financing for all borrowers/prospects when it is determined that loan structure is not in the best interests of the bank.
- Minimize Bank's risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies & procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Responsible for knowledge and adherence to procedures, databases and systems.
- Maintain and apply comprehensive knowledge of fair lending issues, rules and various internal and external policies and regulations that directly impact the line of business.
- Assist with the monitoring of the team’s loan portfolio.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Organization skills
- BankerInsight, Metavante, and NetImage
- Proficient on all IT applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Adobe)
- BS/BA (Preferred) with concentration in business, finance, accounting or equivalent training and experience. (MBA, CFA, CFP, Series 7, 63 a plus but not required)
- Formal credit training and 2-5 years experience in granting credit to affluent individuals or small-to-medium sized business.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
The PrivateBank - 23 months ago