Job Title: |
Private Placement Marketing – Associate Director
Debt private placements are a key asset class for us. We have consistently been a leading investor in this market for decades and have amassed a portfolio of over $42 billion. The Direct Marketing position within the Private Securities Unit will focus on generating additional / incremental private placement investment opportunities.
- Identify non-portfolio corporate issuers of traditional debt private placements.
- Build relationships with CFOs, Treasurers and / or Finance Directors of potential issuers through ongoing visits and dialogue, and by providing financing and structuring ideas.
- Introduce and market MetLife’s private placement lending capabilities.
- Work closely with credit analysts to assess new issue opportunities and to bring transactions to fruition.
- Support credit analysts in the ongoing relationship management of existing portfolio borrowers.
Travel – 40% domestic and potential for international travel.
- Three to five+ years of experience marketing traditional debt private placements
- Minimum of 7+ years of investments related experience.
- Proven ability to originate, structure and execute private placement transactions.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and entrepreneurial, with the capability to work within a team.
- Idea generating capacity, with sound credit underwriting background and a working understanding of the general debt capital markets.
- Superior interpersonal and oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Willing to travel frequently and be on the road visiting potential borrowers.
- MBA in Finance (or related field) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...