The Private Sector Initiatives Coordinator designs and executes programs that serve the unique needs of local arts agencies working to advance private sector support for the arts from both businesses and foundations. The Coordinator organizes the Private Sector Network, a group of leaders from United Arts Funds (UAF), Arts & Business Councils (ABC), Business Committees for the Arts (BCA) and local arts agencies (LAAs) that connect directly with the private sector and schedules ongoing meetings, elections of the Private Sector Council, professional developments programs, research and other initiatives to assist them in their work. This position also oversees the network of Business Volunteers for the Arts (BVA) programs throughout the country. The Coordinator also develops ongoing strategies and professional development tools to track and promote trends in arts and business partnerships, foundation giving, volunteerism, and local models of success.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Private Sector Network Growth and Professional Development
Design programs to increase private sector partnerships with the arts with special focus on resources for local arts organizations.
- Coordinate webinars, blogs and convention sessions on building stronger partnerships between the arts and private sector and advocating for increased private sector support for the arts.
- Develop innovative training resources including tool-kits and e-books.
- Ensure continued use of the pARTnership Movement materials in local communities including ad campaign, training workshops and tool-kits. The pARTnership Movement is a campaign ( www.partnershipmovement.org ) to reach business leaders with the message that partnering with the arts will help them achieve their business goals.
- Gather and post news items, success stories and information about how the pARTnership Movement is being used locally for program sharing and professional development.
- Provide assistance for a community interested in starting a new BCA, ABC, UAF, or LAA affiliate program including case-making research and tools.
- Coordinate the activities of the field-elected Private Sector Council, an advisory group charged with helping Americans for the Arts develop and implement private sector programs. Organize phone calls, meetings and an annual election process.
Business Volunteers for the Arts Program
Business Volunteers for the Arts® (BVA) is a national skills-based management consulting program operated by a network of organizations around the country under the leadership and coordination of Americans for the Arts.
- Develop new volunteer initiatives to enhance the current BVA program.
- Provide BVA Program Managers with the resources needed to develop and maintain BVA program including research and professional development to include conference calls, webinars and generating content for AFTA website and publications.
Research and Information
Work with staff to conduct and disseminate case-making research on private sector support for the arts.
- Conduct an annual United Arts Funds survey tracking campaign contributions.
- Conduct an annual BVA survey tracking volunteer trends.
- Update the Private Sector Network section of the website with information, tools and resources on strategies for reaching corporations and foundations.
- Produce articles for Americans for the Arts and local online and print newsletters on arts and private sector partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of related experience
- Knowledge of the local arts advancement field
- Knowledge about developing arts and business partnerships and creating volunteer programs
- Knowledge about foundation support for the arts
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Some travel required
- A commitment to advancing the arts in America