Position requires commercial sales work or closely
related activities. Utilizes appropriate
marketing and sales methodologies to develop profitable
business in an assigned location;
follows-up regularly with commercial customers to assess
satisfaction with services and to
identify additional business opportunities; strives to
achieve sales goals.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
variety of techniques, including
- Prospects continuously for new clients through a
telephone solicitation, in-store sales and occasional
database as specified by company.
- Maintains current list of all prospects in electronic
in collaboration with and
- Develops pricing and business development strategies
under the direction of company and/or location
department to focus sales
- Works with company sales, operations and marketing
efforts on developed and internet leads and in
developing campaigns to maximize sales efforts.
and assists in other promotional efforts.
- Participates in trade associations and trade shows,
opportunities, prospective companies and associated
- Analyzes local market to identify market
identify buyer influences and any
- Follows-up on referrals and self generated leads to
timing issues; monitors prospects’ contract calendars;
prepares reports on status of
leads and other reports as required.
personnel, such as the responsible local management.
- Plans prospect visits with appropriate operations
schedules; strives to achieve sales goals.
- Makes sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Solicits orders and processes approved services
satisfaction with services and to develop a list of
- Meets regularly with new clients to assess level of
and RFPs issued by
- Develops and submits proposals and responses to RFQs
prospective clients after obtaining pricing and
specifications approval from
management as appropriate.
through participating in a variety of training programs
- Enhances and maintains business development skills
tasks of a similar nature and scope
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific
as necessary in order to achieve assigned business
of contractors listed on the board.tbd
- Maintains the “who can do it?” board and the vetting
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree
ability to sell.
- Three (3) years retail sales experience and proven
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of
including effective executivelevel
- Skill in persuasive oral and written communications,
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business
persistence, even when
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and
confronted with rejection.
to questions from groups of
- Ability to present information effectively and respond
managers, customers, and prospects.
recommendations and solutions.
- Ability to analyze sales data and develop
- Excellent planning, organization and time management
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments
across diverse cultures.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle
environment and organization.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to perform
effectively all essential functions. In addition to
other demands, the demands of the job include:
clients, prospects, and staff, in
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives,
group settings and in situations requiring high
performance and results.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background
checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks
performance of duties.
- Regular use of personal vehicle required in the
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
to client sites for
- Frequent local and possible regional/national travel
presentations, meetings, and visits.
materials up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving of presentation
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...