MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : |
Bachelor's degree and one year of full-time related experience (paid or unpaid) in the field of probation or corrections
Master’s degree in Behavioral Science
The finalist for a position vacancy will be required to pass a criminal history investigation at County expense prior to beginning employment with Washington County.
RESPONSIBILITIES : This position is responsible for providing services to the Court, including casework, assessment, investigation, group work, and supervision of clients.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE :
SELECTION TECHNIQUE : Your training and experience will be rated based on the required application material submitted and the top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.
- Experience writing pre-sentence investigations
- More than one year of full-time experience as a probation/parole officer
- Experience conducting risk/need assessments
- Training in Evidence Based Practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science field
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Science field
HOURS / DAYS : 40 hours per week. May include day, evening, and weekend hours. Work schedules (hours and days) and location are subject to change based on department needs.
ANTICIPATED HIRING RATE : $19.06-$22.57/hour (This position may be hired at the Probation Officer II level, depending on qualifications.)
The Probation Officer I is a professional entry level position responsible for providing services to the Courts. The services include: investigation, assessment, casework, group work, placement, and supervision of clients. Assignments are specific and detailed in nature with directions and supervision by the Community Corrections Supervisor. Work is closely reviewed through conferences and reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Bachelor's Degree and one year of full-time related experience, paid or unpaid, in the field of probation or corrections; or Masters Degree in Behavioral Science required. Must have own means of reliable transportation for business purposes. Individuals operating a motor vehicle for county business must possess a valid driver's license.
Final offer of employment will be contingent upon: 1.) Successfully passing a criminal history/fingerprint check, 2.) Successfully passing a driver's license check, 3.) Drug screen testing and 4.) Receipt of favorable responses to Sexual Exploitation inquiries per MN Statute 148A.
Knowledge: Some knowledge of social work objectives and techniques; general knowledge of the interview process.
Ability to: Use the position's authority in an appropriate manner; ability to tolerate uncertainty, pressure; willingness to adapt to change; ability to work in a team environment; ability to be tactful and courteous in dealing with others; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other professionals; ability to write clear, concise reports; willingness to accept responsibility for job functions and own actions; willingness to accept close supervision, and assignment to a variety of duties. Ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Interview and gather information.
2. Develop and coordinate case plan.
3. Prepare reports including recommendation.
4. Attend hearings and testify as required.
5. Provide client-related services to include: counseling, referrals, monitor compliance with conditions, mediation, group work, and crisis intervention.
6. Liaison with other agencies.
7. Complete accurate and timely case management documentation.
8. Performs a specific program's administrative duties when assigned. These duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating the activities of other staff, contract administration, quarterly and annual reporting, policy and procedure development, liaison to outside agencies, and financial administration.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1-8 as listed above.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Semi-sedentary involving office and outside field work. Lifting requirement may include occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Exposures may include, but are not limited to, body fluids and persons with behavior challenges. Use of general office equipment to include telephone, personal computer (desk and lap top), calculators, pager. Additional physical/mental requirements may not be listed above, but are inherent in performing the position's essential functions.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR – Community Corrections Supervisor
This description is intended to describe the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Washington County, MN - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard