Education/Experience: The formal education equivalent of a standard two-year college course of study (90 quarter hours/60 semester hours) or have four years law enforcement experience, at the time of appointment. Documentation of education, law enforcement experience and POST certification is required. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferable.
1. Supervises misdemeanant probationers ensuring their compliance with court mandates by reviewing court conditions, meeting with probationer face to face or via telephone
2. Collect Court fines and fees.
3. Reviews multiple reports as required and/or necessary to ensure probationers are being compliant per company policy and/or local office policy.
4. Prepares and/or collects data for revocation hearing for the appropriate jail or court.
5. May be required to attend and participate in probation hearings concerning cases supervised.
6. Updates case management system with probationer compliance information, progress and related information.
7. Prepares cases to be modified by reviewing the file and completing appropriate forms.
8. Prepares Violation of Probation Report/ warrants on a weekly basis and submits to the courts after prior review/approval by the Team Leader or designated office representative.
9. Submits cases to be closed in a timely manner according to court mandates and company policy.
10. Conducts drug/alcohol tests as needed or assigned.
11. May attend court/jail to assist with the intake process.
12. May act as liaison between the courts and consults with local judges to discuss a particular case or individual client.
13. May assist in the on-the-job training of new probation officers by serving as a mentor.
14. Conducts case audits of caseload to ensure compliance with company rules and standards as needed.
15. Travel may be required.
16. May be required to install house arrest/alcohol monitoring equipment on probationers.
17. Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
Providence offers: Competitive salaries & a comprehensive benefits package including a, 401k, health, life, dental & more. EOE