Responsible for troubleshooting, repair, reliability, calibration, specification, and maintenance of site analyzers, instrumentation, controls, and PLC systems. Interfaces with personnel at all levels within the Refinery, troubleshooting and assigning work priorities. Investigates problems and determining root cause of failures; performs fundamental maintenance and shares technical knowledge with I/E maintenance technicians. Reads and fully understands all electrical and process drawings (P&ID’s, interconnect, panel, etc.). Documents all work including updates to P&ID’s, maintenance records, calibration data, and PSM information. Provides guidance to contract employees engaged in instrument and electrical work as directed by the Technical Services Managers (Process and Capital).
Skills / Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree in technology, controls or related field and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and skill reading blueprints, schematics and loop drawings, and complete knowledge of analytical instrument installation required.
- Thorough knowledge of a professional or technical field, such as engineering, chemistry, or drafting in order to analyze, interpret, and apply information.
- Knowledge of and skill in using various computer software applications, including the ability to design and program basic data management or other application programs for use by others.
- Advanced mathematical skill to calculate and interpret data using percentages, ratios, averages, and medians.
- Highly skilled journeyman, craftsman, or technician with the ability to use specialized equipment and machinery.
- Written communication skill to compose correspondence, reports, and proposals.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner. Ability to make presentations outside work group.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Western Refining - 2 years ago