Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Requisition Number: QLT1251
Job Title: Process Architect BMS
Area of Interest: Quality
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Position Type: Full Time - Regular
City: Farmington Hills
State / Province: Michigan
Country: United States Exempt
Harman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®. The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
Manage the global Harman Business Management Systems (BMS)
- Manage structure and interfaces within BMS
- Manage process description changes and configurations
- Review and approve Process Artifacts
- Review and approve contents of BMS
- Distribute BMS changes
- Clarify BMS issues
- Train BMS usage
Process Gap Analysis and Improvement
- Collect and evaluate Lessons Learned
- Assessment Process Suitability and Efficiency
Definition of Standard Processes
- Plan and manage Process Definition Activities
- Moderate Process Definition Workshops
Support Process Piloting and Rollout
- Support development of Training Material
- Perform trainings in pilot projects
- Support pilot project teams at adapting standard processes
- Support tailoring of standard processes at rollout into projects
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical education
- At least 6-7 years of industry experience with hands on experience in Software Development, and Implementing CMMI-DEV or AutomotiveSPICE (HIS Scope) Level 3.
- Knowledge about industry standards like CMMI, ISO9001, TL9000, AutomotiveSPICE (HIS Scope), ISO/IEC15504, TestSPICE.
- Assessment experience in CMMI or AutomotiveSPICE
- Strong leadership skills
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams for process improvement and standardization
- Skills for effectively managing geographically distributed teams involving multiple partners and engineering teams working on multiple programs
- Understand business requirements and technical implementation of distributed services.
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills/Novi, MI
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Harman International - 2 years ago
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment and...