As a Process Automation Engineer you will be responsible, as part of a team, for developing functional specifications, for designing and implementing DeltaV automation solutions for our Life Sciences customers. You will participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a customer facing role. Your primary goal will be to develop the technical foundation and soft skills needed to develop into the next generation of engineering leadership in our organization.
- Candidate has responsibility of being a liaison between the internal project team and customers.
- Understand the project financials and participate in the framing and quoting of projects.
- Work with customer’s process engineers to write functional requirements.
- Lead or work on project teams, which design, configure, and tests control strategies containing continuous and batch elements.
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within project teams.
- Identify change orders and justify changes; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects.
- Startup complex systems at customer’s plants.
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction; facilitate the development of others’ knowledge and skills providing timely feedback and guidance to help them reach goals.
- Candidate must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Engineering with 4 to 8 years or AA technical with minimum of 7 years process control experience.
- Desired expertise / experience in leading automation projects.
- Make recommendations on the technical strategy for implementation on projects. Experience with Batch Pharmaceutical desired
- Experience working on the automation on batch projects
- Understand, in detail, concepts of current control techniques and the control requirements of most commonly used process equipment.
- Detailed knowledge of RS3, PROVOX, or DeltaV desired
- Detailed knowledge of any Process Control System desired.
- Experience working on projects requiring Validation desired.
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
About Process Systems and Solutions
Emerson’s Process Systems and Solutions business provides automation technology and consulting services to allow process manufacturers to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. Today, our control systems run more than 10,000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges, and it’s a commitment we take very seriously.
We’re seeking high-impact people, true innovators at the core, whose ideas can change the world. If you’re looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides global opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop, Emerson may be for you. Consider joining our team of more than 7,000 Process Systems and Solutions employees across the globe.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management - 16 months ago
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...