SABIC's Innovative Plastics business is looking for an innovative and resourceful Chemist who is seeking to use their technical and project leadership skills to drive growth in the largest product line within our specialty business unit.
The opportunities in this role are ideally suited for individuals who enjoy leading a mix of projects including new chemistry development, new product development, process piloting, and plant optimization. The main focus of this position’s workgroup is the development of new polymers/copolymers, improving existing processes and, and developing next generation process technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about applying creative solutions at all scales of materials development from the lab and pilot scale to the commercial scale. This role requires an individual with strong project management experience and the ability to work in a global team. A history of creativity and problem solving is required for this position.
Some particular job functions include:
• Identifying and leading process development projects.
• Applying new chemistry advances to produce new materials for a variety of markets.
• Developing robust analytical methods and implementing sampling and measurement protocols.
• Bench to pilot plant execution for scale-up of new compositions, troubleshoot and find solutions to chemistry issues.
• Identifying and leading projects focusing on optimization of scaled-up processes.
• Trouble-shooting and solving process issues in a plant environment.
The site is located in Selkirk, NY just outside of Albany, NY.
• PHD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or equivalent.
• More than 3 years of experience in an industrial setting.
• Experience in the synthesis of high performance/specialty polymers.
• Experience with thermoset formulation and processing.
• Demonstrated excellent level of analytical problem solving and research skills.
• Proven Technical track record with a very creative mindset.
• General understanding of chemical process hazards.
• Excellent understanding and experience in analytical chemistry.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• Must possess the ability to work in a team of Chemists, Chemical Engineers and Technicians.
• Experience in taking programs from concept to commercialization preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to translate lab chemistry to pilot and commercial scale facility.
• Proven experience in technical customer support and problem solving.
• Proven clear communication skills that include the ability to interact with customers and business leadership team members.
SABIC Innovative Plastics - 13 months ago