SABIC's Innovative Plastics business is looking for an innovative and resourceful Chemist who is seeking to use their technical and project leadership skills to drive growth in the largest product line within our specialty business unit.
The opportunities in this role are ideally suited for individuals who enjoy leading a mix of projects including new chemistry development, new product development, process piloting, and plant optimization. The main focus of this positions workgroup is the development of new polymers/copolymers, improving existing processes and, and developing next generation process technology.
The ideal candidate is passionate about applying creative solutions at all scales of materials development from the lab and pilot scale to the commercial scale. This role requires an individual with strong project management experience and the ability to work in a global team. A history of creativity and problem solving is required for this position.
Some particular job functions include:
The site is located in Selkirk, NY just outside of Albany, NY.
- Identifying and leading process development projects.
- Applying new chemistry advances to produce new materials for a variety of markets.
- Developing robust analytical methods and implementing sampling and measurement protocols.
- Bench to pilot plant execution for scale-up of new compositions, troubleshoot and find solutions to chemistry issues.
- Identifying and leading projects focusing on optimization of scaled-up processes.
- Trouble-shooting and solving process issues in a plant environment.
PharmaOpportunities.com - 10 months ago