Basic Function: Analyze Metso’s customer processes for through the use of process simulation and statistical methods. Evaluate process performance in areas such as thermal efficiency and water consumption. Analyze process redesign, capacity increases, or equipment additions, as well as other process modifications. Communicate results of process simulation analysis via oral presentation and written report.
1. Perform process engineering analysis using first principles simulation.
2. Evaluate process performance using engineering and scientific theory, with a knowledge of industry best practices to guide customer decision making.
3. Execute simulation projects to a defined work scope and specification.
4. Provide continued expert support for customer’s sustained performance improvement results.
5. Report on progress and performance to the project manager of the assigned activities.
6. Identifies and communicates scope changes to the project manager.
7. Contribute to continuous improvement of best practices throughout the group.
8. Perform other duties typical to this position as assigned.
Works primarily in an office or in a mill environment at the customer work site.
B.S. Degree in Chemical, Electrical (EET or EE) (Masters Preferred), Control Engineering or P&P Engineering Technology.
Pulp and paper industry (or equivalent) process engineering; process performance analysis, troubleshooting and optimization; mill process operations, engineering and/or maintenance as a coop or intern.
50% typically with travel within North America but travel may be international on occasion.
Maintain a valid driver’s license. Hardware and software projects specifications. Collaborates well and must work independently, make decisions occasionally in stressful conditions. Ability to form professional relationships with customers and employees and communication skills are critical. Self-managed style and able to routinely prioritize and organize work.
We offer a competitive benefits package and challenging work opportunities.
Metso is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies.
Please attach your resume for consideration for this position.
Metso - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Metso's beyond mezzo when it runs the scale of energy, mining, and paper. The heavy equipment company operates in several segments and...