Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Electrical
Job Title :
Process Control & Instrument Engineer
Type of Position:
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or other appropriate discipline.
Two years of experience in instrumentation design of power generation facilities, petrochemical plants, specialty chemicals, or related industries. Individuals with Master's or PhD degree in related engineering discipline with no experience may enter at this level. Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
EIT certification or ability to obtain EIT certification.
Transportation Work Identification Card (TWIC) or ability to obtain.
This is a full time position for an instrument engineer who will work directly with a registered professional engineer who will assist the candidate in their career development.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following task while under direction from senior staff:
• Help prepare complete quality construction packages (including deliverables such as wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, and instrument details) for the engineering, procurement, and construction of instrument and controls systems for our clients.
• Have the ability to read and develop P&IDs.
• Help prepare instrumentation and control system specifications.
• Assist in the specification and programming DCS and PLC equipment (including systems such as Rockwell Controllogix, Delta V, Experion, Ovation).
• Have the ability to read and develop control logic diagrams.
• Have the ability to read and develop Cause and Effect charts.
• Have the ability to prepare instrument data sheets.
• Assist in field support and start-up including control system checkout, troubleshooting and filed logic revisions.
• Perform design tasks in accordance with accepted engineering practices and standards utilizing both manual and computer based methods.
• Execute work in accordance with schedule and coordinate execution of projects with other disciplines and the project manager.
The position is located in the New Orleans office and may require visits to local client facilities.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...