- Provide automation and process engineering support for capital projects on time and within budget.
- Specify field instrumentation for capital projects. Support maintenance with the troubleshooting of existing field instrumentation.
- Provide automation software, hardware, backup and system security support for production units and systems.
- Provide 24 hour call in automation support for production units and systems as needed.
- Provide engineering technical assistance/expertise to the production units.
- Support the maintenance of the OSI-PI data collection system.
- Ensure that automation conforms to OSHA, Federal, and state regulations.
- Ensure that automation conforms to applicable corporate, plant and automation policies, procedures, and standards.
- Stay abreast of current automation and engineering technology.
- Mentor and train technicians and other site personnel in process control, automation and instrumentation.
- All projects successfully completed on time and within budget.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Process Controls or Automation Engineer with a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Other engineering degrees will be given consideration based on relevant experience.
- Strong programming and programming design skills as applied to continuous process control, data communication, data collection and display systems.
- Understanding of the reliability, documentation and Management of Change requirements imposed by implementing projects as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Continuous Improvement Tools.
- Strong initiative to identify and address areas for improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with batch and continuous controls systems which are considered by various safety functions in programmable systems and hardwired relays.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and effectively manage multiple complex projects.
- Prior experience with Emerson Ovation.
- Ability to travel.
Synectics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Prior experience with ControlLogix, Emerson Delta V.
- Prior experience with upgrading Legacy DCS systems highly desirable.
- Prior experience with process control improvements, including the selection/sizing of control valves, flow measurement devices, and field instrumentation.
JobServe USA - 10 months ago