ExxonMobil Chemical is seeking process control applications engineers for selected positions at its Baytown manufacturing site and future opportunities on project teams responsible for development and execution of major grassroots projects. When you join our company you will become a member of a global network of highly skilled specialists who provide industry leading expertise in the application of process control technology. Your continued professional development will be assured through training, developmental assignments, and long term career planning.
In a Manufacturing Site
In a Project Team
- You will support the manufacturing of chemical and refining products for use in a wide assortment of petrochemical operations and final consumer goods. Process units include distillation, hydroprocessing, catalytic cracking, coking, ethylene, plastics, elastomers, and solvents.
- You will work in a team environment with experienced technical and plant process personnel, applying a wide variety of process monitoring and control technologies to improve plant throughput, energy efficiency, stability, and safety.
- You will design, program, and commission new control strategies.
- You will maintain existing control schemes including databases and process schematic displays.
- You will continuously improve your professional skills with emphasis on breadth of control system proficiency, process knowledge, process control theory and analytical tools, and on profitable implementation of advanced control technologies such as linear and nonlinear model predictive control and real-time optimization.
- You will assist in the mentoring of less experienced applications engineers to foster their development.
- You will collaborate with your peers at other ExxonMobil sites to identify and advance common practices.
- You will be a member of a team responsible for the design, development, implementation, commissioning, and start-up of the process control facility associated with a new manufacturing plant.
- You will be assigned one or more process units with responsibility for: 1) defining the process control requirements, process measurements, and human-machine interface, 2) designing, implementing, testing, and commissioning process monitoring and control applications, 3) training process operators, and 4) supporting plant start-up.
- You will provide guidance and leadership to engineering contractor and equipment vendor personnel.
- You will undertake a substantial amount of travel. You will be located in the engineering contractor's facilities during the design stage, and will relocate to the plant site for commissioning and start-up.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Location Baytown, TX CB*Office Location TX-Baytown
- You must have minimum of BS degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering; a MS or PhD is an advantage. The fundamental requirement is the ability to understand, model, and explain chemical manufacturing processes.
- You must have demonstrated hands-on industrial experience as a process control applications engineer, preferably in the petrochemical industry. Consideration will also be given to exceptionally qualified candidates who are early in their career but intend to continue in the profession.
- You must be proficient programmer in at least one of the following languages: Matlab, Visual Basic or FORTRAN.
- You must be able to speak and write concisely and persuasively; interact effectively with peers, across organizational lines, and in diverse teams; and demonstrate good business judgment, results orientation, leadership, and creativity.
It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell...