Process Control Engineer
As a Process Control Engineer, you will be responsible for providing on-site assistance & leadership to Caterpillar's supply base in the execution of Advanced Product Quality Planning, the implementation of process control and the deployment of a continuous quality improvement process.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Working with suppliers on a number of tasks and processes including (but not limited to) ensuring robust process controls are in place to prevent nonconformities; continuously monitor supplier’s key manufacturing processes and quality management system for improvement opportunities; assisting with Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to ensure production readiness for New Product Introduction
* Managing supplier’s processes from design concept to the end of product life
* Providing technical support during start-up activities
* Validating process capability
* Conducting the review, approval and validation of 8D permanent corrective action plans
* Supporting SPQ projects
* Minimum of one to three years of job-related experience
* Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) preference in engineering.
* Engineering or manufacturing background plus familiarity with manufacturing processes used to produce components and assemblies for Caterpillar products.
* Knowledge of shop operations.
* Demonstrated leadership background.
* Good interpersonal communication, analytical, leadership and project management skills to develop cooperative working relationships with others both inside and outside of Caterpillar.
in managing business spend.
* Capable of using and demonstrating statistical and problem solving tools.
* Quality engineering certification
with electrical and electronics segment.
* Understanding of 3rd party registration standards
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
At Caterpillar, we share a single set of values that unite our company - integrity, excellence, teamwork and commitment.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mar 29, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
Purchasing & Procurement
Caterpillar - 2 years ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...