Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the PGM and Non PGM coating of diesel catalysts on each line shift at the SCR facility in Smithfield, PA. The incumbent is responsible for the immediate actions required to set up, monitor and trouble shoot the equipment associated with the manufacturing of diesel catalyst as well as monitoring and controlling the production process.
Nature and Scope
The Process Control Engineer reports to the Shift Supervisor and is directly responsible for the manufacturing process of diesel catalyst while having to create and maintain effective communication channels with other related areas. The incumbent also coordinates the activities associated with line technicians assigned across the production line.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- Lead the efforts to optimize the process parameters in order to improve cycle times (efficiency), minimize rejects (LTY), avoid waste and reduce downtime while accomplishing with the manufacturing of diesel catalyst.
- Be an effective trainer for new hires.
- Effectively work to pursue and achieve team goals as defined by top management.
- Support the implementation of new technologies through new procedures and training of new or existing personnel while continue making suggestions to procedural or process improvements to meet or increase plant’s performance.
- Responsible for immediate actions to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Collect data and complete information needed as part of the nature of the job (process control data, day to day logistics, shift summary, Incident Report, Maintenance Request, etc.).
- Ensure that JM Health and Safety policies are followed at all times in the areas under his/her responsibility. This includes personnel reporting directly to him/her (internal or external) or others performing any type of work in the Production Line boundaries.
- Ensure the effective utilization of coating solutions so minimal waste is generated while accomplishing his/her duties.
- Follow and maintain all the documentation associated with his/her activities as defined in the Quality Management System.
- Directly responsible for coordinating housekeeping activities associated with the areas under his/her responsibility while also following internal JM waste disposal procedures.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on specific operating results or activities as indicated by his/her supervisor.
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving abilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on an independent basis.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Products.
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...