· Responsible for the development and guidance of the Process Control Technicians.
· Work collaboratively with maintenance and production technicians; project, process, and maintenance engineers at this site.
· Leading, developing and maintaining process control design, configuration, simulation, standards, documentation, and operator training.
· Provide expertise in advanced & multivariable, predictive control technology, provide general process control support for capital projects & interface with operations personnel.
· Execute work as an individual or as part of a team.
· Manage multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities.
· Lead projects, project teams and resources (people and money) to stay on budget with minimal to no supervision.
· Set long term goals as it relates to the advancement of process control and new process control technologies within the plant.
· Periodically teach classes in process control to engineers and technicians.
· Assist in managing the long term reliability efforts for the plant process control systems.
· Organize and effectively prioritize work such that it meets the needs of the business.
· Work with Process Engineering to implement control strategies that meet the needs of the business.
· Manage the proper turnover of implemented control strategies to the customer. This includes proper documentation and training of area personnel and follow-up for debugging/refinement.
· Utilize other resources such as the Process Control Technicians to implement control strategies in multiple areas of the plant.
· Champion condition based monitoring to feed SAP information and automatically generate notifications.
· Champion standardized alarm management techniques throughout the plant effective use of Alarm metrics.
· Work with other sites to assist when needed.
· Share innovations plant and corporate wide.
Participate and lead the Luling Plant IPCN Control System effort Required Qualifications and Experience
· BS or MS in Engineering
· Five years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Familiarity with PRoVOX and/or Delta V distributed control systems
Desired Skills and Attributes
· Six Sigma experience is a plus.
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...