To be considered for this position please visit www.ussteel.com, search salaried jobs and search job code 3336
U. S. Steel has an immediate opening for a Process Control Engineer in the process control group at the Great Lakes Works operation in Ecorse, MI. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, testing and support of process control computer systems. The successful candidate will directly impact their operational area in automation and support.
Due to the nature of our business our production facilities operate 24 hours per day each day of the year. This position will require occasional work on weekends, holidays and off hour support.
- Document project requirement and develop programs to successfully provide expected functionality using US Steel and industry standard practices
- Under general supervision, modify moderate to complex applications programs
- Mathematical models, reporting, screen design, and web page development
- Configurations and database programming
- Troubleshooting production servers, applications, SCADA, and server network communications.
- Project leader, or team member, of small to large projects
- 2 years experience in operating systems, software design, programming concepts, Microsoft Office, and C, Java or C#
Other Skills Desired:
- Experienced in the plant control systems used at Great Lakes Works. These are a mix of Windows, Linux and OpenVMS operating systems; Oracle and MS SQL Server databases; and OSISoft PI data historian
- Creating graphical user interfaces
- SCADA systems
- Computer hardware, electronic peripherals and networks
- IBM Cognos
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Self-motivated and works well on teams
- Clear communicator
- Logical/analytical thought process
- Manage multiple projects concurrently; organize and schedule people and tasks
United States Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 22 months ago
Steel crazy after all these years, United States Steel is North America's largest integrated steelmaker and the world's...