The Plant Process Engineer will directly impact the process control group and the operational area to which he or she is assigned by providing automation and support to that facility.
This position will be working in an office and will also be working in a heavy industrial environment within the plant, primarily during regular daylight hours, but may be required to provide occasional off-hour support for special projects or other needs. The percentage of travel is minimal; there may be possible travel between plant locations at given facility.
Process Control Engineer will be responsible for various activities depending on placement. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test and support of mill critical process control computer systems
- These activities may include mathematical models, reporting, screen design, web page development, .NET programming, PLC Programming, and SCADA Programming.
- Database programming and configuration
- Communications and/or custom interfaces to external process systems.
- Stress Ethical and safe conduct in the workplace
- Initiate and support continuous improvement plans and projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience; or Associates Degree plus a minimum of 3 years experience; or High School Diploma/GED plus a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience. Preferred education in Electrical or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of both Allen Bradley Contrologix PLC’s
- Knowledge of FactoryTalk View
- Proficient in VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, HTML, and MS SQL programming.
- Proficient in stencil systems.
- Must have experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Proficient use of MS Office products, computer hardware, electronic peripherals, networking.
Working experience in a Welded pipe making and finishing facility.
Critical Competencies for Success:
United States Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications capabilities demonstrating the ability to articulate ideas and listen effectively are necessary.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate effective working relationships with others of varying organizational levels, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments concurrently.
United States Steel - 2 years ago
Steel crazy after all these years, United States Steel is North America's largest integrated steelmaker and the world's eighth-largest steel...