To provide recommendations for improving refinery operations based on technical information, and raw process data. Function as a process troubleshooter and provide refineries with forward thinking and technological advancements that will provide a competitive edge. Perform process analysis, process improvement, scoping studies, front-end process design work, and/or collaborate on process designs with contractors and consultants.
Troubleshoot and maintain DCS database, software and configuration of Yokogawa, Honeywell, PLCs, or similar systems. Tune existing process controllers. Develop and implement process control schemes and control techniques. Assist project engineers and develop new control schemes. Develop and review control logic for project designs, including P&ID and logic review. Identify opportunities for APC in selective applications providing good business returns. Maintain and optimize advanced process control programs. Provide startup assistance and control modifications for new projects
Bachelor of Science degree in in Chemical, Electrical Control Systems, or Mechanical Engineering is required. A minimum of two years of process engineering experience and one year of DCS control experience is required.
- Troubleshoot and maintain DCS
- Develop and implement process control schemes and control techniques.
- Tune existing process controllers.
- Routine hardware and software maintenance of Yokogawa and Honeywell DCS systems.
- Assist project engineers and develop new control schemes.
- Develop and review control logic on PLCs.
- Maintain and optimize advanced process control programs.
POSITION LEVEL AND SALARY WILL BE COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE.
Valero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Valero - 20 months ago
Valero Energy Corporation is a Fortune 500 company based in San Antonio, Texas, and through its subsidiaries is the world's...