At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in timberland management, and manufacturing and distribution of wood products in the world.
This is a salaried position for the Southeast Engineered Lumber Products (ELP) manufacturing facilities. The process control engineer will report to the regional process control engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, training, and supporting process control improvement solutions across the ELP regional manufacturing operations. The process control engineer will work closely with mill personnel, corporate teams, and technology providers to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions in support of business and operational goals.
This position requires some regional travel between sites in north Louisiana and south Arkansas. Travel will normally be 50% or less. This travel will be required to two production facilities in north Louisiana which are approximately 110 miles south of the Emerson location.
core principles of integrity, fairness, & creating a positive inclusive work
- Role model all safety standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our
practices. Including joining with mill leadership to develop mid and long term
- Develop, lead, and support application of process and process control best
process control strategies.
strategies for manufacturing control systems and applications. Proactively
- Understand and share industry best practices, equipment options, and proven
identify opportunities for process improvement, variability reduction, and cost
control technology applications and PLC technicians.
- Provide project and technical leadership, including training, for local process
sourcing vendors, materials, documentation and training.
- Serve as a key ELP resource for projects installation and support. Including
- Create visibility of technology with potential for application in our manufacturing
- Build relationships with Corporate, units supported and other process control
- Help to ensure alignment of project portfolio with business and operational goals.
- BS degree in electrical, industrial, or computer engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting process control solutions in a
process improvement and cost reduction.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying process control solutions for
and corporate engineering.
- Proficiency level knowledge of PLC’s, HIM, and related systems.
- Ability to participate in cross functional team projects with participation from local
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to participate in several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley / Rockwell (PLC5 through Logix 5000) and
The following requirements are preferred:
IP/21 and GE Proficy Plant applications.
- Experience in wood products manufacturing.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to diagnose complex process scenarios.
- Proficiency using process historian systems and analysis tools such as Aspen
Basic, C, or Java. Databases such as Microsoft SQL server.
- Experience developing applications with programming languages such as Visual
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing or similar principals and practices.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, domains, and Ethernet netwoks.
- Experience with/knowledge of Siemens PLC and servo systems.
Weyerhaeuser - 20 months ago
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...