DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in countries around the world. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer
DuPont is an eVerify employer
The DuPont Edge Moor plant, located in Wilmington, DE, has an immediate opening for a DCS Process Control Technician/Technologist. The DCS Technologist job is a non-exempt position outside the site bargaining unit. The function of the DCS Technologist is to provide on-going support necessary for proper operation and maintenance of existing process control systems (DCS/PLC/Control Networks) and to coordinate installation, checkout and startup of new process control related improvement initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES (the list is typical but not necessarily inclusive. Other related tasks, if applicable, may be assigned)
- Maintain and repair site process control systems (e.g. DCS, PLC) and peripherals in order to support production demand.
- Configure DCS, PLCs and other process control related equipment to perform manufacturing tasks safely.
- Provide technical assistance to Maintenance and Operation in troubleshooting process control related issues.
- Maintain accurate configuration documentation of all process control systems (e.g P&I drawing, Logic drawing, Slot Assignment, greenbook sheets, SCR checksheets, etc)
- Work with I&E and Operation to ensure successful installation, checkout and startup of process control related projects.
- Implement Software Change Request (SCR) on site process control systems
- Perform backup, patching, antivirus update and inventory control of all process control systems to meet corporate Disaster Recovery plan and CFATs compliance requirements.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations involving DCS and SIS systems. Ensure follow-up recommendations are implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Lead or participate in RCFAs involving process control systems and make sure Corrective Actions are complete.
- Participate in scheduled PHA reviews led by R&D and Operation personnel
- Involve in FEL and design reviews of process control related projects
- Work with I&E and Operation to complete Interlock checks required per PSM during plant shutdowns
- Implement vendor’s corrective actions and/or recommendations that are applicable to site process control systems.
- Attend I&E weekly coordination meeting to gain insight into upcoming scheduled I&E activities that might require resources from the Process Control Group
- Provide assistance to design of logic and control strategies if requested by site technical support personnel
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience – Minimum 3 years of working knowledge (5 years - Preferred) (maintenance/troubleshooting/configuration/support) with Industrial electrical system/instrumentation and some experience with digital control systems such as DCS and PLC
- Proficiency in reading /writing and ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to read and understand control system related documentation such as: P&I drawing, Logic drawing, Electrical drawing, Vendor’s Installation/User manual, etc.
PREFERRED (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Associates degree or higher in areas such as Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and digital control systems
- Good basic computer skills
- Working knowledge with Information system Networking
- Experience with Honeywell DCS system (TDC3000/Experion)
- Experience with Rockwell PLC system and associated network architectures (ControlNet /DeviceNet)
- Basic understand of Chemical Process operation