Apply plant and process control knowledge and experience to optimize plant operations and maintain process control related operating discipline. Identify deficiencies and value creating opportunities to plant control code and operator interface, leveraging best practices and applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques.
Major responsibilities for the Process control technician include but are not limited to the following:
- Make sure that the Process Control Operating Discipline is maintained and updated. This includes ensuring SIS are tested at the appropriate frequency and SIS/DCS security is maintained.
- Link to Process Control Engineering / Process Information functions to update and implement control technology / process information improvements and capitalize on current best practices to improve EHSQ and cost. This includes good alarm management, state based control, and advanced process control to mimimize unplanned events (safety/LOPC), ensure product quality, and optimize operating cost. Utilize troubleshooting techniques incorporating test equipment (VOM,) to identify the root cause of problem areas in the SIS PLC’s and Foxboro I/A systems.
- Ensure reliable, optimized plant operation by successfully managing and implementing Process Control related project changes, utilizing approved functional tools and MOC process.
- Utilize troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause of problem areas in Process Control code, Operator Interface or hardware and effectively resolve these problems with stakeholders input.
- Utilize available techniques and tools such as SPC for optimizing plant Process Control system and reduction / prevention of unplanned events.
- Utilize existing or develop Process Control and plant performance indicators to monitor effectiveness of plant operation and the Process Control system.
- Perform training and coaching for changes as required and assist in training efforts requested by Plant Operations
- Coordinate Process Information system maintenance.
- Work with plant Process Control Manager and Operations Manager to define appropriate plant / business rules for on-shift Process Control and process information work
- Provide training and coaching for Process Operators as needed.
- Lead by example and follow the CLO Leadership expectations..
- HSEQ responsibilities include but are not restricted to the following:
- Assists in development of plant process safety standards specific to process control technician routine tasks.
- Utilize Management of Change (MOC) system for DCS and Safety System changes.
- Compliance to Clear Lake Plant Leadership Expectations
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
- 10+ years experience in process control hardware. Strong computer skills required.
- Experience with Triconex / Allen Bradley PLC’s and Foxboro I/A DCS systems required.
- Process control troubleshooting relating to instruments preferred.
- Basic computer skills (email, MS Office).
- Ability to read and interpret DCS, loop and ladder logic drawings.
If you have a condition that may prevent you from applying online for a job at Arkema, please call (1-610-205-7000). Note: This number is only for those who have a condition that may prevent them from applying online. This number should not be used for calls related to any other issue or question. Thank you for your cooperation.