Marathon Petroleum Corporation, a major petroleum refiner and marketer, is accepting resumes for experienced Refining Process Control Engineers which will be based out of the Kentucky Refining Division, located in Catlettsburg, Kentucky, near Ashland, Kentucky and Huntington, West Virginia.
Process Control engineers provide technical support for refinery operations and facilitate the maintenance and improvement of the refinery control systems. The range of activities the process controls engineer will be assigned include developing, implementing, and maintaining the following types of controls systems and applications:
The process control engineer is expected to apply fundamental chemical engineering principals in many or all of the activities assigned. Some travel is required for training and project support activity (approximately 10% of the time).
- Multi-variable controllers
- On-Line Inferred property models
- Safety Instrument Systems and Emergency Shutdown Systems
- Alarm Management
Qualified applicants will have at minimum:
While not specifically required, it would be beneficial if the candidates have had experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 years experience in an equivalent position
- Experience with a US based refinery covered by OSHA PSM regulations preferred
- 3 years process controls experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Designing and Implementing advanced process control applications
- Process engineering and operations production support including process simulation
- Supervision of operations or engineering personnel
- Economic planning (LP modeling, scheduling, forecasting, etc.)
- Configuring and managing Honeywell systems and applications including TPS, Experion, Profit Controller, and ACM.
The process control engineer role requires competency and attributes in the areas of technical knowledge, collaboration, adapting to change, learning orientation, and drive for results.