- Installs SIS per safety analyses from PHA’s and PSI manuals.
- Perform daily safety inspections
- Serves as a site-wide Key Safety Procedure auditor and documents deficiencies in the implementation of those procedures.
- Intervenes when unsafe acts or conditions are encountered.
- Participates in incident investigations and oot Cause Analyses on highest risk investigations when needed
- Day to day upkeep of the process controls network.
- Support the production areas with programming and controls needs.
- Support the maintenance and E&I technicians with troubleshooting.
- Identify maintenance and upgrade needs for plant process controls and data historian systems.
- Execute projects to enhance and maintain process control network and data historian where needed.
- Support projects around the plant site to ensure consistency in process controls materials and programming are implemented.
- Maintain the most up to date versions of the process controls programs.
- Develop and design programs for PLC’s and DCS’s.
- Writes programs for process control support.
- Responsible to share technical input and know-how and experience with the Team.
- Responsible to participate in employee interviews and selection.
- Identify training opportunities for area engineers and E&I craft personnel.
- Responsible to work with E&I engineers in support of electrical controls engineering needs and objectives to include evaluation of new controls technology.
Associates degree from an accredited college; a minimum of six years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in the electrical field is needed; prefer experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
In-depth experience with transformers, MCC’s, variable speed drives, PLC ladder logic, distributive control systems and process control instrumentation is required. Experience with motion controls, Ethernet, Profibus, and data historian is a definite plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FMC Corporation - 7 months ago
E may = mc 2, but FMC = chemicals. Once in areas as diverse as oil field equipment and food machinery, FMC Corporation now focuses on...