Job Title: Process Development Engineer
Relocation Assistance: Yes Location: Portland, OR area
POSITION SUMMARY: The Process Development Engineer position requires a 4 year engineering or physics degree with experience in machine operation and manufacturing or equivalent experience acquired on the job. This position will be responsible for developing, fabricating and evaluating processes in the plant to develop equipment, fixturing and tooling for production of highly precise, delicate and expensive medical device components used for invasive surgery products. This process would involve developing a blue print and taking each product from design to fruition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: (Including but not limited to the following.)
· Ability to supervise employees crucial to the design phase and process implementation and test effectiveness.
· Ability to evaluate performance of machines and determine enhancement to improve production, speed and out put.
· Ability to cost out jobs accurately and produce a detailed budget with a time line for which they are accountable.
· Ability to analytically evaluate and troubleshoot process and equipment problems in a timely matter.
· Ability to design all aspects of machines including electrical, mechanical, machining and CNC controls.
· Ability to work with outside vendors to accomplish work we are unable to do in house.
· Ability to learn, manage, setup and verify various manual and CNC controlled machines for the precision medical wire industry including:
§ Precision Wire Straightening Machines
§ Wire Cutting Machines
§ Deburring and Radius Machines
§ Micro plasma Welding Machines
§ Precision Forming Machines
§ CNC Rolling Mills and Flatteners
§ Hydraulic Presses
§ Precision Coiling Machines for coiling precious metals and stainless steel medical coils
§ Ultrasonic Cleaning Machines
§ Manual and CNC controlled Centerless Grinders
§ Precision Cylindrical CNC and Manual Oil based Grinders
§ Packaging and shipping of delicate, highly-valued, precise medical wire products
§ Reading, calibrating, training and utilizing precise measuring equipment, such as, optical comparators, lasermikes, chart recorders, laser profile gauges, etc. with tolerances up to +/~ .0001”
· All other duties as assigned.
4 year degree in physics or engineering or equivalent on the job manufacturing and machining experience.
Experience in ISO 9000 as applied to manufacturing. Experience with ISO 13485 and FDA desired.
Must have a complete working knowledge of PC use including Excel, Word, Outlook, Solidworks and Autocad.
Must have the ability to work under pressure, be organized and able to communicate effectively with management and subordinates.
Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player at all levels.
FPCNational - 2 years ago