There is no greater calling or opportunity for a fluid management company than today’s challenge – helping customers protect people, the environment and our natural resources. Together we are implementing technologies that purify and conserve water, consume less energy, make alternative energy sources possible and practical, advance medicine and minimize emissions and waste. Our collective efforts are enabling a greener more sustainable future.
Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
The Process Engineer – Operations is responsible for leading and supporting process engineering activities within Pall Life Sciences, Pall Pensacola, Florida manufacturing plant including driving improvements to meet key business objectives of product quality, manufactured cost reduction, product delivery, capacity growth, and productivity improvement, evaluation of manufacturing processes using structured problem solving techniques and sound statistical methods to develop consistency and predictability with regard to the Critical To Quality (CYQ’s) characteristics of the products. Leads strategic implementation of validation and manufacture of products and processes within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and executes complex engineering assignments that involve product design, process development, material testing, material changes, continuous improvement, and validation to support the business objectives for new and existing media products.
- Manages projects directly related to improved product quality, productivity, and yields.
- Resolves critical customer problems utilizing proven quality tools and statistics including the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control (DMAIC) process, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), or others.
- Works with internal and external customers to develop CTQ’s of media products, translating them into CTQ’s with regard to end use performance.
- Partners with R & D and manufacturing in new product turnover.
- Provides coaching and training to engage, encourage, and guide others through the improvement and change processes.
- Bachelor of Science/Art (BS/BA) in chemical engineering, chemistry, polymer science, or other engineering/technically equivalent field and 3 – 5 years experience in process engineering, product engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering and/or R & D.
- Proven experience executing/implementing Design of Experiments (DOE’s), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Ishikawa Diagrams, optimization, other systematic tools.
- Demonstrated experience in program/project management, activities prioritization, working with cross functional teams and gaining commitment at all levels of the organization, effective interaction with customers, external business professionals, teambuilding, leadership, coaching and mentoring other team members.
- Proven experience demonstrating ability to professionally interact with others during change and uncertainty while maintaining focus and professionalism.
- Experience in the application of standards and codes published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and U. S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, statistical, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Quality Analyst and/or Minitab, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Industrial SQL, Allen Bradley RS 5000, Wonderware Factory Suite, Auto Desk AutoCAD LT preferred.
- Six Sigma experience and/or certification (Green Belt) preferred.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive array of benefits, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
To apply for this position please visit our career site at www.Pall.com Careers and insert this tracking code: LC-120608154951
Pall Corporation is committed to equal opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran's status or any other personal trait protected by federal, state or local law.
Pall is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ENGINEERING.com - 10 months ago
Pall Corporation and its subsidiaries is a filtration, separation and purification company. The Company is a supplier of filtration, separat...