Process Engineer II
**This is a defined term opportunity (up to 2 years)
Develops capable processes and ensures efficient and effective transfer of product into production.
- Assesses process capabilities, prioritizes process improvement opportunities, and innovates and implements process improvements on multiple and moderately complex processes.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Executes the functional deliverables associated with the PDP/TDP, Project Management, and Quality Systems.
- Prepares and presents technical data and recommendations at technical reviews.
- Writes validation protocols and reports applicable to new processes.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM’s, Routers, FMEA’s, etc.)
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- Develops qualified production lines.
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and may train manufacturing personnel when required as part of a validation.
- May serve as core team member or extended team member on new product projects.
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required; 2 - 4 years experience.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities Unique to This Position
Primarily role will be to develop processes and equipment for manufacture of a new guidewire platform. Candidate will need to work cross functionally in a team setting to help define the design and processes required to manufacture a pressure sensing guidewire. Specific responsibilities will include equipment definition and qualification, process definition, Risk Analysis, designed experiments to develop process understanding and documentation of required deliverable in support of commercializing a medical device. The ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical co-workers and to balance multiple responsibilities is also a requirement for this role.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...