some combination of the following duties:
all affected departments from Design Engineering through Production to ensure compliance wih all aspects of the plan. Verifies that the most efficient and economical methods of tool and product
- Utilizing engineering designs, engineering electronic databases, CAD/CAM systems and program scheduling software, performs analysis of tooling and manufacturing methods, processes, and techniques required to develop and administer the overall manufacturing philosophy for major hardware programs. Establishes manufacturing philosophy, process flow, procedures and requirements for all phases of manufacture to meet cost, quality, performance, and schedule requirements.
- Evaluates, develops and organizes manufacturing plans, defining processes, procedures and requirements for the manufacturing phase of an assigned program. Coordinates implementation of such plans with
manufacture are accomplished including use of CAD/CAM systems, numerically controlled equipment and other advanced manufacturing systems.
program. Resolves complex problems involving tooling, parts manufacturing and machining, equipment utilization and production techniques. Ensures that tooling
- Monitors the tooling and manufacturing phases of the program providing functional consultation and guidance to production and support personnel for an assigned manufacturing
provided meets established standards by developing and implementing tool proofing methods and fit check tests.
and anticipating and resolving inter/intragroup conflict.
- Experienced in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including Process Mapping, 5S, DMAIC, Cellular Manufacturing, FMEA, Pull Systems and Continuous Improvement Events such as Kaizen or Six Sigma Projects.
- Administers the implementation of the manufacturing and tooling plans to assure compliance by all affected departments. Establishes and maintains controls necessary to ensure satisfactory completion of the manufacturing plan for an assigned program. Interfaces between production, support departments, vendors, and the customer to ensure all project obligations and objectives are met. This includes providing project leadership,
- Develop standardized work instructions, implement 5S, balance lines, create process flow and linkage, develop pull systems, lead Kaizen Events and remove non-value added activities from the manufacturing process.
- Applies broad knowledge of engineering principles, disciplines, and customer understanding in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes. Performs trade-off studies to ensure optimum solutions
formal technical reviews with customer.
- Originates and or proposes new and improved tooling designs, materials, manufacturing equipment and methods to simplify and/or improve existing manufacturing methods.
- Provides technical guidance to other personnel in Contracts, Scheduling, Purchasing, etc., when participating in the development of the overall manufacturing philosophy.
- Serves as primary interface with customers, program management, and subcontractors on technical project content and issues.
- Regularly prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to external customers and internal high-level management. Participates in
manpower requirements, etc.
- Analyzes and evaluates engineering designs to ensure producibility considerations are incorporated.
- Participates in new business proposal analysis; determines tooling and manufacturing requirements; assists in the development of cost estimates in the determination of tooling costs,
to customers. May represent Manufacturing Engineering at bidders conferences and briefings as required.
- May organize and develop tooling and manufacturing process proposals for new major hardware programs or minor hardware programs for review by management to be used for bid submittal
Significant background in problem solving on the factory floor including CNC Machining and other fabrication processes.
Background in Lean and/or Six Sigma principles including Process Mapping, 5S, DMAIC, Cellular Manufacturing, FMEA, Pull Systems and Continuous Improvement Events such as Kaizen or Six Sigma Projects.
Three to five years experience in aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mylars.
Overtime and weekend work as needed to support manufacturing.
Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
Experience in leading multiple projects and implementing a continuous improvement process.
A professional level of knowledge in the manufacturing of metal and advanced composite structures in conjunction with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, or
related technical field. Comprehensive tooling knowledge within the advanced composite and metal bond manufacturing industry is normally required.
An exceptionally high level of analytical ability to identify, define, interpret, and resolve engineering problems involving incomplete information, conflicting design/contractual/policy, or technical
requirements across functional areas and with difficult coordination requirements.
Very high levels of communication skills to make persuasive presentations to customers and senior management regarding project status and technical content.
Very substantial innovation to develop new and creative technical solutions to complex engineering problems.
Ducommun Incorporated - 12 months ago