JOIN THE REVOLUTION
The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its’ own; people, corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.
Are you a revolutionary?
We currently have an opening for a Sustaining Process Engineer for our OPTO LED Fab group in Durham, NC . We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
Summary: Process Sustaining Engineering support of LED Fab Metals Deposition area.
- Ownership of processes and projects in LED wafer manufacturing that improve quality, yield, productivity and cost. Specifically for metal deposition processes and equipment.
- Technical lead for assigned process area. Additionally providing support for any group as backup to primary process owners (including off-shift response as necessary).
- Focus on continuous improvement in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Analysis of process and manufacturing data, as well as preparation of summaries (both written and verbal) for distribution internally.
- Establish manufacturing and engineering procedures, protocols, qualification plans and OCAPs.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance for manufacturing processes.
- Support internal Cree customers, including the manufacturing operations and product engineering teams.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
- BS with 5+ or MS with 3-5 years experience in the semiconductor industry in a manufacturing or engineering capacity or PhD with 1-3 yrs experience.
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with an ability to interface effectively with personnel at different levels of the organization .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to make individual contributions while staying focused on the goals of the group.
- Able and willing to support 24X7 projects.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules to keep engineering projects on-track.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of SPC/DOE principles; demonstrated data analysis and conclusion skills.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
- 5-10 years experience in the semiconductor industry in a manufacturing or engineering capacity
- Data analysis skills and experience with Access and JMP
- Prior hands-on experience semiconductor wafer manufacturing operations such metal deposition, reactive processes, annealing and associated metrology.
- 1 st Shift Tuesday – Saturday.
- 2 nd Shift Tuesday - Saturday
CREE - 19 months ago
Cree has its name in lights. Its blue, green, and near-ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (LEDs) -- made from silicon carbide (SiC) and...