Barnes Aerospace’s OEM Engineering Group in Windsor, CT is currently seeking a Process Engineer. In this role, Process Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the manufacturing processes for the Division both for New Product Introduction (NPI) and long term production support. You will also assist the Operations groups in meeting the technical, quality, and delivery requirements of the customer. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Responsibilities include development of manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs as well as production related quality, process, and cycle time improvements; working in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineers, Tool Designers, C.N.C. Programmers, and Production Workers.
- Analyze customer engineering drawings and documentation for materials, process and quality elements.
- Development of the associated bill of material and routing sequence in the ERP system.
- Create part geometry and detailed operation sheets to support each operation; create, update and maintain operation sequence sheets for either new orders, or in support process revisions.
- Process sheet updates and incorporation of customer requested changes as required.
- Assist in the concept design of required tools and gages, as well as supporting modifications to existing tools and fixtures as improvements are identified.
- Create repair procedures for non-conforming product and customer returns.
- Engineering change review including: identification of cost reductions or increases; identification of tooling modifications required; determination of suitability of existing components – usable or obsolete to requirements and specifications, and updating the ERP system.
- Provide support in estimating new products and requested changes to configuration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years direct experience in process or manufacturing engineering of Aerospace machining components.
- Ability to generate operation sheets and tool drawings utilizing a 3D CAD/CAM terminal with advanced modeling experience, Unigraphics NX 7.5 preferred.
- Working knowledge of multi-axis machining centers a plus.
- Additive manufacturing experience strongly desired.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Seeks ideas for continuous improvement; suggests and encourages innovative ideas to improve current systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering discipline.