Carestream has a need for an experienced Process Engineer who will be responsible for developing in-depth understanding of the mechanical systems on the Carestream Health Colorado polyester film making machine being responsible for the Polymer processing, extrusion and casting process zones.
1. Define set-points and limits for process variables and monitor those variables to maximize product conformance, minimize waste and maximize machine availability.
2. Troubleshoot production problems affecting quality, waste or machine availability and implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
3. Provide technical support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation. Off-hour support on an as needed basis.
4. Constantly seek reductions in process variability as a way to maximize process performance (reduce waste, increase machine availability, increase conforming roll performance, reduce department expenses).
5. Pareto problems to prioritize corrective actions and improvement projects.
6. Propose and manage improvement projects in area of responsibility.
7. Support operations:
a. Provide training to increase overall knowledge about the process;
b. Identify opportunities to simplify operational procedures (through poke yoke and automation for example) and therefore reduce variability in the outcomes of the operational interventions;
c. Suggest procedure changes to improve safety, process performance and product conformance.
8. Perform and document risk assessment for the process and equipment changes implemented.
9. Coach maintenance mechanics on best way to address problems in area of responsibility.
10. Understand equipment operational limits, interlocks and control strategy for process zone.
11. Work with Maintenance staff to ensure that equipment is well maintained.
1. Minimum education level: Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. 10 years of experience with equipment reliability improvement techniques.
3. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
4. Good communication skills and capacity to prioritize.
5. Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
6. High initiative and outstanding sense of urgency, compatible with a manufacturing environment.
7. Project management.
8. Ability to coordinate start up, debug and qualification of new mechanical process equipment.
9. Working knowledge of engineering statistics.
10. Familiarity with industrial automation (Programmable Logic Controllers, sensors and actuators).
1. Experience with film products, plastics, extrusion, bulk material handling and storage;
2. Certified 6 sigma Black Belt.
3. Working knowledge of mechanical design techniques, materials selection, and machining and fabrication techniques.
4. Military service or experience in a engineering defense contractor.
Carestream is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000+ employees operating in 150+ countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nanomaterials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...