More information about this job:
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer to provide support to our manufacturing plants with a specific focus on machine set-up and plant support. Reporting to the Director of Plant Engineering , the Atlanta, Georgia/Engineering & Development Center based Proj ect Engineer travels to CCC's manufacturing plants nationwide.
We are the National Manufacturing Leader in a Stable, Growing Industry!
CCC offers more than a career; it is also " home " to more than 2,300 team members in over 60 locations. Our family is committed to your family , providing top quality plastic packaging that you can trust and depend on every day. Whether it's your milk, laundry detergent or juice containers, maple syrup, ketchup or water bottles, our packaging success comes from teamwork and taking pride in what we do. CCC's commitment to excellence extends from our family of employees to our valued clients and is the reason why leading companies around the country have confidence in our innovation, and unsurpassed quality and service.
What sets CCC apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. It is our continued focus on investing in our family of team members to ensure long-term growth and success that enables us to provide a dynamic and inviting work environment that embraces diversity and individuality. On a daily basis, we exemplify our Core Values:
Excellence in All We Do
Treat People with Dignity and Respect
With these principles in mind at all levels of our organization, our employees feel valued and are excited about the impact CCC makes on people who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Want to learn more about CCC?
Click here to watch our video.
- Good Leadership skills
- Safety minded
- Professionalism is expected
- Good, effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have a strong sense of self-motivation which you can use to help CCC achieve its core value of "Excellence in All We Do".
- Able to work within and lead Teams
- Keeping precise records of details of projects in an easily accessible format, and understand the importance of how to organize documentation for long-term retention.
- Attention to detail in order to analyze data and think creatively and innovatively while understanding what can realistically be accomplished under set conditions.
- Determine how to tackle projects with limited scope of direction on assignments.
- Accomplish projects and goals that may never have been done before by using creativity, innovation, and knowledge of the engineering and plastic manufacturing fields
- Self-driver, able to work proactively with minimal direction at times, able to start and complete projects with limited scope. Must be able to work alone or as a team
- Ability to adapt to demanding and changing conditions or requirements in the middle of an assignment while providing the most excellent final product
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Put your knowledge of plastic manufacturing processes to use on a daily basis in order to ensure the proper functioning of machines and the operating processes involved in your plant.
- Research high volumes of information about plastic manufacturing processes in a short period of time and be able to apply the knowledge you gained to a variety of situations.
- Use your knowledge of manufacturing processes to recommend and provide support to plants as it relates to process engineering.
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot the HDPE blow molding machines used at CCC, including Shuttles and Recips. PET blow molding knowledge is a plus.
- Recommend mold modifications to achieve specifications for given bottles and be able to set up and modify parison as it relates to the specifications for the bottle.
- Make recommendations and develop mold, trim, tool and die head tooling design.
- Provide input to design group on bottle concepts and or designs, (is bottle blow moldable or provide limitations to provide a bottle that is blow moldable on our machine platforms)
- Provide plant training as required on all BMM platforms.
- Must understand and follow all plant safety requirements such as LOTO
- Support establishment of equipment, process set-up, and maintenance, standards.
- Project execution to improve primary focus of speed to market, with costs being secondary.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent plastics related experience
- Must have a minimum of 8 plus years' experience with different processes and processors.
- Proficiency with MicroSoft Project scheduling software and Excel
- Proficient with MS Access desirable
- Understanding of various types of HDPE resins.
- Knowledge of Uniloy Recip machines
- Knowledge of Bekum shuttle machines
- Knowledge of wheel blow molders is a plus
- Knowledge of PET process is a plus
- Knowledge of Longstroke shuttles is a plus
- Be willing to travel frequently (75% to 90%) and occasionally on weekends .
Our Competitive and Comprehensive Benefits include:
Come join our growing family today and apply with us!
- Choice of Medical Plans-choose the coverage that is right for you and your family
- Dental Plan-provides Orthodontic coverage to dependent children
- Voluntary Vision Program-allows the purchase of glasses and contacts every year rather than every two years like most plans!
- Employee Assistance Program-5 free counseling visits; Financial & Legal Assistance
- Education Reimbursement-up to $5,250 annually!
- 401k Savings Plan with a company match
Consolidated Container Company - 16 months ago
If you want to make a big deal out of it, chances are Bain Capital will get involved. The private equity and venture capital investor...