Identify and pursue opportunities for making our processes more robust and reliable through PROCESS control, PEOPLE development, and SYSTEMS implementation.
Use the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) model to implement process control, accomplish cost savings, provide production support, complete project handoff delivery to our internal customers, lead/facilitate trials and experimental operations, lean execution, and training.
Become a technical resource for our manufacturing and systems processes by working with material and equipment vendors, as well as internal experts, to learn as much as possible. Provide - training to others as appropriate to increase overall competence and skill base.
Utilize appropriate tools/data to define and measure the capability of each process for achieving established Critical to Quality (CTQ) parameters. Use this data to target opportunities for improvement and to sustain process control.
Optimize processes through equipment, material, resource, and procedural modifications. Validate the effectiveness of those process improvements.
Maintain process improvements by documenting acceptable operating ranges and conditions; training those affected; and by implementing & managing process audits.
Minimize material costs by identifying opportunities for improving material yields and/or reducing process waste; and by establishing/managing a project plan for accomplishment.
Achieve successful execution of all process engineering PROJECTS on time. Incrementally, communicate progress to leadership to identify pitfalls, cost concerns, and resource constraints.
Apply problem solving skills both tactically and strategically related to Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), material processing, new product launch timelines, and general system breakdowns.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions), criminal background investigation, references verification and pre-employment drug-screening.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field or applicable technical / leadership manufacturing experience
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use various computer software applications such as Windows, CAD or SolidWorks, and databases.
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills.
- Six Sigma Black experience and aptitude for obtaining blackbelt certification and demonstrated use of the DMAIC tools.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and demonstrated use of the tools / principles with quantifiable results.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Thinks & acts strategically: keeps the mission & values at the forefront through daily decision-making.
- Trains and develops associates.
- Builds effective cross-functional working relationships & superbly leads diverse teams.
- Demonstrates consistent initiative, sense of urgency, humility, and relentless pursuit of success.
- Gets to the root of problems quickly and drives solutions to conclusion through training (people development), process (control & audits),and systems (documentation).
- Personally, organizationally, and strategically agile when dealing with complex problems, difficult situations, and diverse people.
- Operates well under healthy tension and accelerated timelines.
Domtar - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and...