First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years.
We are looking for a Process Engineer for our state-of-the-art, Consumer Tissue Product Mill located in Lock Haven, PA. This position is responsible for providing leadership and execution of process optimization and improvements mill wide with the goal of improving efficiencies, lowering costs, and increasing production while ensuring compliance with quality systems and regulatory requirements. This candidate would also provide support for other activities including product development and process/product qualifications.
Primary responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Optimization of mill processes in terms of efficiency and economics
- Utilizing employee interaction and data historians to find and implement new opportunities
- Recommend, manage and implement process improvements
- Develop new products from concept through commercialization.
- Optimize the technical and economic performance of newly created products.
- Review design drawings, process procedures, and customer specifications.
- Proposing, installing, start-up, and validation of new equipment.
- Interact with representatives from a variety of functional groups, including Project Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, Maintenance, Production personnel, Planning, and Quality Assurance.
- Position is mill-wide
- Bachelors degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Paper Science degree
- 3 – 10 years experience in process engineering
- Exceptional data mining and data analysis skills, analytical problem solving skills, and strong computer skills are needed to be successful.
- Six Sigma, DOE, and SPC experiences preferred.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written) with all levels of the organization
- Ability to review, analyze, and effectively present data and recommendations
- Time Management
- Learning on the Fly/Troubleshooting skills
- Planning and execution
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Action oriented
- Motivating and leading as an informal leader
Excellent compensation and benefit package including relocation assistance!
First Quality - 16 months ago
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...