Pharmaceutical Materials – USA
Johnson Matthey, a specialty chemicals company, is looking for a Process Engineer for the Pharmaceutical Materials Business Unit.
If you are unable to view this posting or apply via the internet, please fax a resume to (856) 384-4582 or complete an application at Gloucester County One Stop Career Center.
Gloucester County One Stop Career Center
Department of Labor—Thorofare
210 Crown Point Road
Thorofare , NJ, 08086
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of new or improved processes as they are transferred from development to production. This includes the technology transfer of existing processes into or out of the West Deptford or Conshohocken operations as well as the identification and implementation of process improvements both technically and procedurally. The duties of the Process Engineer also include troubleshooting processing problems and other production-related duties in support of the Pharmaceutical Materials business unit. This position has responsibilities at the West Deptford, NJ and the Conshohocken, PA site.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the field of active pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturing or related chemical processing.
- Project management
- Familiarity with all technical concepts, practices, and procedures within in the bulk API manufacturing industry.
- An extensive knowledge of organic/process chemistry drying as well as of physical properties in the context of mass & heat transfer and solids isolation & drying.
- Team oriented and able to effectively work and communicate in a project driven environment.
Skills/Experience Valued but not required:
- Experience in project management
- Solid understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles including but not limited to SPC charts and design of experiments
- Experience working in a cGMP environment
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...