Klein Tools has a 155-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for a Quality Technician to work in our Rockford, MI plastic injection mold facility.
As a Process Engineer, you will actively participate in developing, documenting, verifying, and maintaining new and current molding and manufacturing processes, using Scientific Molding Techniques. You will also train and mentor Process Technicians and production staff in molding techniques as well as provide technical leadership in molding products for the organization.
1. Develop and document processes for new and existing jobs using scientific molding methods
2. Improve processing capabilities and reduces cycle times through rigorous mold tryouts
3. Recommend, implement, and train users of production equipment (robots, fixtures, etc.)
4. Lead and/or support corrective action projects
5. Mentor and lead process technicians
- Bachelors degree from a four year accredited college or university preferred
- 3 years plastic injection molding engineering experience, preferably in an automotive environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of injection molding processes, materials, and equipment
- Working knowledge of standard quality control and production floor procedures
- Working knowledge of Lean tools (5S, Kaizen, etc.)
- Ability to mentor and train
- Ability to use MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS Project
Five generations of Kleins have had a grip on Klein Tools, a maker of non-powered hand tools. The company's products can be found in...